Tuesday 20 September 2011

Finding time - saving meals on wheels

I just watched the Hairy Bikers in their campaign to save Meals on Wheels - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b013y0nz.

I'm a big fan of these guys - I find them very genuine and down to earth.

It wasn't until tonight that I remembered my granny g - no longer with us and a long time on her own.
She relied on MoW - for many years. I remember the smell of her dinners which she loved,
the lady that delivered it - whom she could tell you many stories about.

But none of that mattered.

She was well fed. She had company that we couldn't deliver daily.

Then things changed. The council started delivering microwave meals.
Granny didn't understand the microwave.
She hated it.
She hated the meals.
She stopped eating.
She got confused.

Meals on wheels is a fantastic service when it delivers good quality, hot, fresh food.

The Hairy Bikers are on to something.

I only wish I could find time to help them - or is that me finding an excuse.

Another dilemma to add to the list.


No comments:

Post a Comment