Friday 18 November 2011

Fish is the dish - baked haddock & tomato

Fish is the dish is a new website which is there to help us cook more fish for our family.

I remember my granny always telling me that fish was good for the brain - but I have to say like many things my granny said, I wasn't sure she was right. All that 'if the wind changes your face will stay like that' made me a bit sceptical. But since having Toots and Pip I wondered whether or not she was right. And boy she was.

Fish is amazing - low in fat, easy to eat and filled with vitamins and minerals that you can't get anywhere else. Not to mention the omega3. But cooking more fish is easier said than done. Like many mums I'm never very sure what to do with it...... Until now.

My fish is the dish challenge this week was to make a fish pie. I got sent haddock, smoked haddock and salmon. Mmmm, thinking cap on. I make ordinary fish pie quite a lot but this week I fancied something different..... How about tomato and haddock bake?





I found a recipe on theWaitrose website which looked super easy. And given I had my sister and brother in law over for dinner, easy was the order of the day.

The fish was delivered from Delish Fish in Peterhead and comes individually sealed so that you can use what you need.


This really is a bit of a cheat of a dish - it uses a tomato and marscapone pasta sauce.

Oh and frozen peas.


Top with dill and horseradish mash (to die for) and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.


It was really very tasty - I did mix the smoked and unsmoked haddock and it definitely needed the smoked. My sister and brother in law thought it was fab.




I think there are many variations of this using pasta sauces - the arrabiata would be lovely too !!



















No comments:

Post a Comment