Monday 20 February 2012

Meal planning - Monday 20th March

Ah well, another Monday another week.

I was thinking about this in bed last night and really should have got out of bed to tap it into the keyboard. But I was too lazy.... So here it is, a little bit late but my meal planner for the week.

Monday:
Beef and chorizo stew with spatzle.
I went to Earthy yesterday and got some beef from Hugh Grierson. I then made a sort of sofrito with onion, red pepper, chorizo and pancetta, pan fried the beef mixed it all in my slow cooker with most of a bottle of red wine, 3 or 4 heaped tablespoons of paprika, one of smoked paprika and a good dollop of tom puree. Left it for 4 hours and, bob's your uncle !

Tuesday:
Griddled halloumi cheese with beetroot and cucumber using a recipe I spotted in this month's Olive magazine.

Wednesday:
Prawn noodle soup. My other half makes a mean dashi stock which we freeze in bulk. Then it's really easy to heat, add some prawns, noodles, spring onions, sugar snaps and red pepper. Ready in 10 minutes.

Thursday:
Girls night out - so a quick spagbol with the girls before I head out to the cinema

Friday:
Dinner out at the Tower Restaurant before we have date night at The Museum of Scotland.

Saturday
Thai green chilli Scottish mussels with homemade sourdough bread.

Sunday:
Final supper with daddy before he heads to California for a fortnight, so we'll have roast chicken with all the accompaniments. I might even let him cook !!

No comments:

Post a Comment